Electrician Benoni. LTC Electrical have been electricians in Benoni and on The East Rand, since 2002.
We specialise in breakdowns, faulty lights and plugs and certificates (coc’s). Among other things we solve earth leakage problems, distribution board faults and LED lighting replacement and repair. Because our knowledge base is so vast, we are able to solve any problem that you may have.
By using up-to-date technology and testing equipment, our electricians in Benoni are able to process and solve electrical problems quickly and cost effectively.
- Electrician Benoni
- Electrician Brentwood Park
- Electrician Farramere
- Electrician Lakefield
- Electrician Lakeside
- Electrician North Villa
- Electrician Northmead
- Electrician Rynfield
What do we do as electricians in Benoni?
With our extensive knowledgebase we can tackle most problems quickly and efficiently.
We work on electrical problems as well as gate motor and electric fences.
Some of the more frequent electrical problems that we come across are:
- Earth leakage tripping
- Plugs tripping
- Lights faulty
- Cables burning
- Pool pump not working
- Circuit breakers faulty
- Overloaded circuits
- Distribution board repairs
- Earthing of electrical appliances
- Underground cable tracing
- Tracing cables in the wall
We are also electricians working in Benoni’s Commercial and Industrial sector. As well as the above we also cover:
- Fault finding on machinery and subsequent repairs
- Fault finding in offices and subsequent repairs
- Optimization of electrical reticulation
- Repairs to general lighting.
- Installation of timers, additional earth leakage requirements and circuit breakers
- Lightning and high voltage surge arrestor implementation
Where do we work
Some of the areas in which we work
All about electrical certification
How to get an electrical certificate (coc)
LTC Electrical is a leader in the issue of the Electrical Compliance Certificate and we are Townhouse Specialists in Benoni.
Our services include the following:
- Inspection of electrical installation.
- Repair of your electrical installation up to SANS standard.
- Issue of your Electrical Compliance Certificate.
- Re-inspection of previously certified installations for those who are wary of the certificate they have been issued, and advice on how to take corrective measures in this regard.
- Free advice on any area of electrical compliance.
The process of obtaining an electrical compliance certificate can be explained the following way:
- The process begins with an inspection, the cost of which will vary from one electrical installation to the next due to the complexity of each individual installation.
- Once the inspection is complete and we are satisfied that the electrical installation complies with the SANS, we will issue the certificate straight away.
- If there are repairs to be undertaken in order to bring the electrical installation into compliance with the SANS, then we will offer you an estimated quote on that work.
- Once you have accepted our quote and we have completed the repairs, then we will issue the certificate.
- The certificate must eventually be retained by the buyer after it has been presented to the Conveyance Attorneys.
It is important that you obtain an electrical compliance certificate for your electrical installation. Without proof that your electrical installation is compliant, your insurance company may repudiate any claims that originate from an electrical fault.
What happens during the inspection?
Before we begin the inspection you will be informed of every step and made to understand the process in a friendly and informative way.
During the inspection a series of tests are performed upon your electrical installation.
These testes include:
- A physical visual examination of every facet of your electrical installation including roof wiring, plugs, light switches, lights, distribution boards etc.
- High voltage insulation resistance test
- A prospective short circuit current test
- An earth fault loop impedance test
- Continuity of ring circuits test
- Voltage no load tests
- Voltage on load test
- The voltage at available load
- Elevated voltage on the supply neutral test
- Earth leakage test
- Line Frequency test
- Earthing continuity test
- Bonding continuity test
- Polarity at points of consumption
- Operation of switching devices
How long is the certificate valid for?
Since May 2009, when selling a property an electrical certificate that is not older than two years may be transferred to the buyer, provided that the installation has been maintained correctly during this period.
Any alterations to the electrical installation that you have done after taking responsibility for the electrical installation, have to be covered by a separate certificate which will be attached to an existing valid certificate.
The only method of determining the validity of an existing certificate is to perform an inspection on the existing electrical installation.
Should a valid certificate not be available then the entire installation must be re-inspected and certified.
After two years, as a good maintenance practice, your property should be re-inspected for wear and tear and a new certificate issued.
Your responsibility as a landlord
Leasing and renting out property
You may not lease or rent out your property unless you posses a valid electrical compliance certificate for the electrical installation in that property. This is according to the Consumer Protection Act.
Tenants must be supplied with a copy of the certificate.
Rental agents are now required to see the certificate before they will assist you with a tenant.
Call or WhatsApp us now and lets us take the stress out of your problems
Tags used in this webpage: Edenvale, electrician, electrician near me, electrical, repair, certificate of compliance, tripping lights, tripping plugs, lights, plugs, lightning protection, electric, fence, energiser, energizer, fix, gate, motor, centurion, electrician edenvale, electrician in edenvale, electricians in edenvale, electrician edenvale area, edenvale electricians, electrical contractors edenvale, electricians edenvale, electrical companies in edenvale