Electrical Repairs and Certification
Electrical repairs and certificates in Edenvale, Bedfordview, Primrose, Kensington, Germiston, Bruma, Alberton, Boksburg, Benoni, Kempton Park and most of the East Rand.
We are experts in fault finding and repairs on Domestic, Industrial and Commercial equipment. With up to date equipment and years of experience, your problem becomes our problem and eventually becomes no problem.
We specialise in all types of electrical equipment in the electrical installation. Our quick and efficient repair process will have your electrical problem solved in no time at all.
Some of the areas in which we work
LTC Electrical is a leader in the issue of the Electrical Compliance Certificate. We are Townhouse Specialists
Our services include the following:
- Inspection of electrical installation.
- Repair of your electrical installation up to SANS standard.
- Issue of your Electrical Compliance Certificate.
- Re-inspection of previously certified installations for those who are wary of the certificate they have been issued, and advice on how to take corrective measures in this regard.
- Free advice on any area of electrical compliance.
The process of obtaining an electrical compliance certificate can be explained the following way:
- The process begins with an inspection, the cost of which will vary from one electrical installation to the next due to the complexity of each individual installation.
- Once the inspection is complete and we are satisfied that the electrical installation complies with the SANS we will issue the certificate straight away.
- If there are repairs to be undertaken in order to bring the electrical installation into compliance with the SANS then we will offer you an estimated quote on that work.
- Once you have accepted our quote and we have completed the repairs then we will issue the certificate.
- The certificate must eventually be retained by the buyer after it has been presented to the Conveyance Attorneys
It is important that you obtain an electrical compliance certificate for your electrical installation. Your insurance company will probably repudiate any claims that originate from an electrical fault, without proof that your electrical installation is compliant.
During the inspection a series of tests are performed upon your electrical installation.
These testes include:
- A physical visual examination of every facet of your electrical installation including roof wiring, plugs, light switches, lights, distribution boards etc.
- A high voltage insulation resistance test
- A prospective short circuit current test
- An earth fault loop impedance test
- Continuity of ring circuits test
- Voltage no load tests
- Voltage on load test
- Voltage at available load
- Elevated voltage on the supply neutral test
- Earth leakage test
- Line Frequency test
- Earthing continuity test
- Bonding continuity test
- Polarity at points of consumption
- Operation of switching devices
Since May 2009 when selling a property, an electrical certificate that is not older than two years may be transferred to the buyer, provided that the installation has been maintained correctly during this period.
Any alterations to the electrical installation that you have done, after taking responsibility for the electrical installation, have to be covered by a separate certificate which will be attached to an existing valid certificate.
The only method of determining the validity of an existing certificate is to perform an inspection on the existing electrical installation.
Should a valid certificate not be available then the entire installation must be re-inspected and certified.
After two years, as a good maintenance practice, your property should be re-inspected for wear and tear and a new certificate issued.
Leasing and renting Property
You may not lease or rent out your property unless you posses a valid electrical compliance certificate for the electrical installation in that property. This is according to the Consumer Protection Act.
Tenants must be supplied with a copy of the certificate.
Rental agents are now required to see the certificate before they will assist you with a tenant.
Call or WhatsApp us now and lets us take the stress out of your problems